An elderly woman has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a house fire in Burlington.
Halton Regional Police were called to a townhouse complex at 3030 Driftwood Drive for a report of a house fire with at least two people still inside.
Emergency crews rescued the 93-year-old woman from the house and took her to hospital.
Two other occupants of the home were treated for minor injuries at the scene and two officers were taken to hospital as a precaution to be assessed for smoke inhalation.
Police say several nearby homes were also evacuated as a precaution.
Damages are estimated at $50,000.
Burlington fire officials say the fire is believed to have been caused by candles in a bedroom on the second floor.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.